Dr. Ali M. Al-Khouri
Director General Emirates Identity Authority
'Excellence and quality service provisioning' is the engine on which Emirates Identity Authority operates with.. Customer satisfaction, was and will remain the most prominent objective and chief corporate value.
Our aspirations have no limits.. in becoming a globally recognized example and a benchmark in organizational and performance excellence.. we will always keep the UAE 2021 vision the guideline that will lighten our journey, and becoming world number 1 in everything!
- Director-General (Under Secretary) of Emirates Identity Authority, UAE since 2009.
- Holds Engineering Doctorate in Strategic and Large Government Projects Management from Warwick University, UK.
- Participated in many mission-critical and strategic projects implementation with a total of 25 years of experience.
- Renowned practitioner and internationally recognized as a think-tank and reflective researcher.
- Professor and Fellow of the British Institute of Technology and E-commerce.
- Published many books and more than 80 papers in international journals in the last ten years.
- Special Advisor to the European Commission (STORK 2.0) project.
- Member of the Global Agenda Council on Social Security Systems, World Economic Forum .
- Awarded (Most Influential Personality in Digital Identity World in a Decade) in 2011.
- Developed many methodologies and frameworks and has more than 12 patents and intellectual property rights.
- A member in government boards and committees, and many national and international scientific and research associations.
Since his appointment in 2009, H.E. Dr. Ali Mohamed Al-Khouri played a vital role in transforming Emirates Identity Authority into one of the most successful government agencies in the UAE and a benchmark both regionally and worldwide in strategy and management and execution practices, and niche technology implementations. Prior to joining Emirates ID, he worked with the Ministry of Interior where he got involved in many successful strategic and mission-critical projects.
He was recently selected and joined the World Economic Forum Global Agenda Council on Social Security Systems, as one of the world's most relevant and knowledgeable thought leaders in this field, and to support the Council deliver pertinent insights and collaboratively develop solutions to address major global challenges. He is also a Special Advisor to the European Union for Single Electronic Identification and Authentication Project in Europe (STORK 2.0), and as an Advisory Observer for Secure Identity Alliance in Europe.
Dr. Al Khouri is a fellow and member of many scientific and research associations, and is recognized both nationally and internationally as think-tank, and for his management expertise and technical knowledge in various field of practices in government and public sector. He has developed different intellectual methodologies and frameworks to handle the challenges faced by government organizations, among which is an innovative methodology for planning and strategic management of government sector projects, and another innovative methodology for e-government transformation to enable the concept of customer centricity and improve public sector service delivery. He has got more than 12 patented inventions and intellectual properties.
Dr. Al-Khouri is also a Professor of Identity and Security and Follow of the British Institute for Technology and e-Commerce in London, UK, and is also on several advisory boards of academic institutions. He is an active researcher in the field of organizational development and transformation, e-government, knowledge-based digital economy, identity management, and in many other specialized fields. He has published many books and over 80 scientific research articles in international peer-reviewed journals in the past 12 years. He received many national and international awards among which, was the 'Most Influential Personality in Digital Identity World in a Decade' in 2011 in Italy.
Dr. Al Khouri attained his higher education from the top UK universities, where he received his B.Sc. (Hons.) in 'Business Information Technology Management' from Manchester University, M.Sc. in 'Information Management' from Lancaster University, and an Engineering Doctorate (EngD) from Warwick University in the field of 'Strategic and Large Government Projects Management'.